cOOKED THIS UP TONIGHT TO MY SHOCK THE KIDS LIKED IT AND EAT IT ALL GREAT MEAL.
Beef & Tomato Pom Pom Casserole
Potato Pom Poms are another Food in a Minute favourite and a great way to top off a delicious beef casserole. For those of you that enjoy cooking in a slow cooker, this recipe can easily be adapted.
- 500g beef stewing steak, diced
- 2 Tbsp seasoned flour
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 2 carrots or parsnips, sliced
- 420g can Wattie's Tomato & Onion Pasta Sauce
- 1/2 cup beef stock or water
- 500g bag Wattie's frozen Potato Pom Poms
1. Preheat oven to 160°C. Toss the diced beef in the flour seasoned with salt and pepper.
2. Heat a dash of oil in a non-stick frying pan, brown the beef then transfer into a casserole dish. Add the onion, celery and carrots to the pan and continue cooking for another few minutes. Transfer the vegetables to the casserole dish.
3. Pour over Wattie’s Tomato & Onion Pasta Sauce and beef stock and cover. Bake in oven for 2-2 1/2 hours or untill meat is tender.
4. Cook Wattie's frozen Potato Pom Poms according to packet instructions. Serve with the casserole and your favourite winter greens.
Crockpot / Slow Cooker Instructions:
Prepare the recipe following steps 1-3 but add only ½ cup stock. Place in slow cooker and cook on LOW for approx 8 hours (refer to your user manual).