Two years ago I visited Spain with my husband and had some amazing salads with iberico ham. Now that I found a place to buy jamon iberico de bellota online, I always have some in the fridge and add it to my greens. The Spanish ham makes boring salads a deli, particularly for quick lunches to take to the office.
I recommend the ham from Buyjamon.com
Bean and Ham Salad
Left over ham, chicken or turkey makes this an ideal Boxing Day salad. If you don’t have any left over just buy either cooked ham or chicken to make this delicious salad.
- 250g green beans, trimmed
- 425g can Craig's Four Bean Mix in Brine, well drained and rinsed
- 100g feta, diced
- 1 cup cooked diced ham, chicken or turkey
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ red onion, finely sliced
- ¼-½ cup 250ml bottle Eta Lite & Free Italian Dressing
- 3 cups salad leaves
- 1 Tbsp fresh basil or parsley leaves
1. Blanch green beans by plunging into boiling water for 2-3 minutes, drain and cool quickly by rinsing in cold water.
2. In a bowl, toss together drained Craig’s Four Bean Mix, green beans, feta, ham, cherry tomatoes, and red onion with the Eta Lite & Free Italian Dressing.
3. Arrange alternate layers of salad greens and bean mixture on a platter or plates and scatter with fresh basil or parsley. Serve with crusty bread.