- 1 100% New Zealand Pork Cooked Half Ham on the Bone
- ½ cup Wattie's Ez Squeeze Sweet & Sour Sauce
- ¾ tsp Chinese five spice
- ½ fresh pineapple, cut lengthwise and peeled (or 1 can pineapple slices, well drained)
- 12 fresh or glacé cherries
1. To glaze and serve hot, carefully run your fingers under the skin of the 100% New Zealand Pork Cooked half Ham on the Bone and lift it away. Place on a rack in a foil lined-baking tray.
2. Stir the Wattie’s Ez Squeeze Sweet & Sour Sauce and Chinese 5 spice together and brush half over the ham.
3. Cut pineapple into 5mm slices and arrange pineapple slices slightly overlapping eachother on the ham, securing with toothpicks. Decorate with cherries. Brush liberally with remaining glaze.
4. Pre-heat a hooded barbecue to 200°C, using indirect heat, turn off the two inside burners, leave the two outer burners on. Place the ham tray in the centre of 200°C the barbecue. Cover and return barbecue to 200°C (this will take about 15 minutes). Turn the gas down to maintain an even cooking temperature of 200°C for 1 - 1 1/2 hours or until hot through to the bone.
Serve ham evenly sliced, hot or cold.
Oven Cooking Method
To Serve Cold: Bake at 180°C for 35-40 minutes, brushing with remaining glaze every 10-15 minutes.
To Serve Hot: Bake at 160°C allowing 20 minutes per kilogram, brush regularly with remaining glaze until it has all been used up.