fantastic easy to do very nice
Baked Bean Fritters
Baked beans are great as they are but here’s a way to give them an extra twist. They’re absolutely delicious with rashers of crispy bacon.
- ½ onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 rashers bacon, diced
- 420g can Wattie's Baked Beans
- 2 Tblsp chopped fresh parsley
- ¾ cup cold mashed potato or kumara
- ½ cup self-raising flour
- 2 egg, separated
1. Heat a dash of oil in a non stick frying pan, gently fry onion and bacon until tender but not brown.
2. In a bowl, combine Wattie’s Baked Beans , cooked onion and bacon, parsley, mashed potatoes, self raising flour and egg yolks. Mix well and season with salt and pepper.
3. In a clean bowl beat the egg whites until stiff. Fold egg whites carefully into the bean mixture with a large metal spoon.
4. Heat a little oil in the frying pan and cook large spoonfuls over a low to moderate heat for about 3 minutes each side. Keep warm in the oven until the remaining mixture is cooked.
5. Serve fritters with slices of fresh tomato, rocket and crispy rashers of bacon.