Recipes by Di Swann
1. Remove stones from the apricots and place in a food processor with Wattie’s Peaches Sliced in Light Syrup. Blend until pulpy.
2. Place fruit pulp and Chelsea Jam Setting Sugar into a large heavy based saucepan (approx. 6 litre capacity). Heat fruit and sugar over low heat, stirring occasionally until the sugar dissolves. Add the butter and bring to a rapid boil.
3. Boil for 4 minutes, carefully skimming off any foam that forms on the surface during cooking.
4. Test for set - spoon a small amount of jam onto a cold plate. Allow to cool slightly then draw your finger through the jam. If the surface wrinkles, remove from the heat. If the surface doesn’t wrinkle, continue boiling for another 2 minutes and test for set again.
5. Pour the jam into sterilised jars. Cool a little until you are able to screw on the lids.
To sterilise jars:
Preheat oven to 100°C. Wash jars in warm soapy water, rinse and dry thoroughly. Place the empty jars and lids upside down on the oven rack while you make the jam. They should be hot when you pour in the jam.