Apricot Roast Turkey
- 4.5kg Tegel Tender Basted Turkey
- 300g bottle Wattie's Bit on the Side Spiced Apricot Sauce
- 150g softened butter
- 2 cups fresh wholemeal breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup chopped fresh herbs (use parsley, chives, thyme, mint or basil)
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- salt and pepper to season
- 8 rashers streaky bacon
- 700g bag Wattie's frozen Rosemary and Garlic Roasters
1. If frozen defrost the Tegel Tender Basted Turkey according to the directions on the packet.
2. Beat together the Wattie's Bit On The Side Spiced Apricot Sauce and butter.
3. Mix half the apricot butter with the fresh breadcrumbs, herbs and nuts. Use this stuffing to fill the cavity of the turkey.
4. Using a spatula spread the remaining butter between the skin and breast meat and over the turkey. Tie the legs together and season the turkey liberally with salt and pepper. Arrange the bacon slices over the breast and drumsticks.
5. Roast according to the directions on the back of the Tegel Turkey package.
6. Serve with Wattie's Rosemary and Garlic Potato Roasters